Bonn’s FFA programme on UNIcert® level III
The faculty of Law offers the law students in Bonn a programme for technical foreign language education in English:
Brief Overview of the program
- education programme in legal language
- intensive training of linguistic skills
- study of foreign and international legal material as well as topics of comparative law
- highly qualified lecturers with practical and university experience
- valuable additional qualifications for your professional career
- max. 25 students per semester
- the programme starts every summer and winter semesters
- possibility of recognition for a “free trial” in accordance with JAG NRW
- graduation with a UNIcert® certificate on level III (corresponds to the C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, CEFR)
- 3 semesters, in total 16 hours a week
- 1st FFA-semester:
- Legal Vocabulary - Discussing Legal Concepts - Presentations
- English vocabulary for law: Legal Research
- 2nd FFA-semester:
- Core Subjects of Common Law
- US Constitutional Law
- Civil Litigation in the United States
- 3rd FFA-semester:
- International Commercial Law
- International Arbitration
- 1st FFA-semester:
The deadline for your application for the FFA III is 02 August 2019. You find the necessary document here. For further information on the application process please see here or take a look at the Q&A, Q.10.
For information on current dates and deadlines please click here.
Information event for interested students
On 04th June 2019 at 10 am (c.t.) there will be an information event on the FFA programme taking place in the faculty room/Juridicum. We invite everyone who is interested in the FFA programme to take part in the event. Following a short explanation about the FFA programme, there will be the opportunity to ask questions.
Please note: With regard to the education on foreign languages in accordance with UNIcert® and levels I to IV, the education and examination regulations of the University of Bonn are applicable to all students who take part in the programme from the winter semester 2012/2013 onwards. You will find further information unter Question 13 in „Questions and Answers“ as well as under „legal basis“.
Notice: If you are interested in the FFA programmes check our website frequently. We will constantly update and expand the information.