Current Conditions of use
- The current opening hours are:
- Monday to Friday 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
- Saturday 8.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
- The extended offering of electronic resources such as databases and E-Books will continue for the time being. In the long term, journals and commentaries will be available electronically, whereas textbooks and individual research papers (dissertations, post-doctoral theses, etc.) will continue to be available in print. In order to access the electronic resources, it is necessary to dial into the university network via VPN. This requires the installation of the VPN client. If you encounter problems during installation, please contact the University Computer Centre (HRZ).
- The training programs offered by the Juristische Seminar will remain online for the time being. The contents have been adapted to the digital format and the current study situation. The following courses are currently offered:
- Guidelines - How to correctly cite from legal databases? (in German)
- Latest Updates from the Juristisches Seminar!
Information & Links
- Overview of Literature
- Latest acquisitions
- Internet/WiFi, Copy/Scan & Lockers
- Library regulations
- History of the Juristisches Seminar
- Förderverein (Support association) des Juristischen Seminars
About the Juristisches Seminar
The Juristisches Seminar acts as the central library of the Faculty of Law. Founded in 1862 as the Juristisch-Staatswissenschaftlicher Verein (Law and Economics Association), it received its present name in 1872. The library started by the Association is today endowed with a collection of approximately 75,000 books and 35,000 journal volumes. The holdings are systematically arranged according to subject areas and are freely accessible in the reading rooms. In addition to its vast in-print collections, the library offers access to important German and international subject-specific databases as well as to a large number of other electronic resources. Furthermore, the library offers 700 work-spaces with power supply and connection to the intranet and internet. By way of training events, the Juristisches Seminar imparts the knowledge and skills required to successfully research specialist legal resources - in the library, in databases and on the Internet.
Contact Information and Opening Hours
|Postal Address:||Juristisches Seminar der Universität Bonn|
|Telephone:||+49(0)228 73 - 9143|
|Telefax:||+49(0)228 73 - 9006|
|Opening Hours:||Monday-Friday, 8 am - 8 pm, Saturday, 8 am - 6 pm|