Welcome to the Website of the Juristisches Seminar!
The Library of the Law Faculty of the University of Bonn
Update regarding the Corona Crisis
- Update: Due to Covid-19, the Juristisches Seminar law library is closed until further notice. To ensure that the closure does not cause any untoward difficulties, extended access to electronic resources (subject databases, eJournals and eBooks) will remain available. To fully use the electronic resources, a dial-in to the university network via VPN is required. This requires the installation of the VPN client. If you encounter problems during installation, please contact the University Computer Centre (HRZ).
- Latest Updates from the Juristisches Seminar!
- Guidelines - How to correctly cite from legal databases? (in German)
- NEW: The training programs offered by the Juristisches Seminar are now available online. The courses are available in digital format keeping in mind the current study situation. The first two courses are Juris Q&A Session (Online) and Legal Research Clinic (Online). To get a first impression of these programs click here.
Information & Links
- Overview of Literature
- Latest acquisitions
- Internet/WiFi, Copy/Scan & Lockers
- Training programs
- Library regulations
- History of the Juristisches Seminar
- Förderverein (Support association) des Juristischen Seminars
About the Juristisches Seminar
The Juristisches Seminar acts as the central library of the Faculty of Law. Founded in 1862 as the Juristisch-Staatswissenschaftlicher Verein (Law and Economics Association), it received its present name in 1872. The library started by the Association is today endowed with a collection of approximately 75,000 books and 35,000 journal volumes. The holdings are systematically arranged according to subject areas and are freely accessible in the reading rooms. In addition to its vast in-print collections, the library offers access to important German and international subject-specific databases as well as to a large number of other electronic resources. Furthermore, the library offers 700 work-spaces with power supply and connection to the intranet and internet. By way of training events, the Juristisches Seminar imparts the knowledge and skills required to successfully research specialist legal resources - in the library, in databases and on the Internet.
Contact Information and Opening Hours
|Postal Address:||Juristisches Seminar der Universität Bonn|
|Telephone:||+49(0)228 73 - 9143|
|Telefax:||+49(0)228 73 - 9006|
|Opening Hours:||Monday-Friday, 8 am - 11 pm, Saturday, 8 am - 8 pm, Sunday, 12 pm - 8 pm|