Transcript of Records

After passing the first state examination, law students have the opportunity to obtain a Master of Laws (L.L.M.) degree from a foreign university. In universities, the submission of a so-called Transcript of Records is required for an application. In some cases, a Transcript of Records must also be submitted for an Erasmus or exchange application at a partner university. Such a transcript is issued by the department. Please note the following information:

1. Please use the form of the department, which you can download here:

Form: Transcript of Records

Please use the technical terms specified in the translation help.

Please fill out the form on your computer. The tables for entering courses can be extended if necessary. An explanation of the ECTS degrees can be found at the end of this document.

2. Mrs. Bärbel Himpfen is responsible for the transcript in the international office of the Department of Law.

Please mail the transcript file (in Word or OpenOffice format) you have prepared with the certificates from your studies in scanned form: himpfen(at)

 3. Please arrange an appointment by e-mail at the above address to compare your documents sent by e-mail with the originals (study record, certificates of your midterm examination and your specialisation area, course assessments in the original).

Please note that it is not possible to issue a Transcript of Records without submitting your complete documents!

If you are abroad and therefore cannot present your original documents in person, please send certified copies:

Rechts- und Staatswissenschaftliche Fakultät
Frau Bärbel Himpfen
Auslandskoordination Jura
Adenaueralle 24-42
53113 Bonn Germany

4. Please keep in mind that the processing time can take at least 5 working days and include this in your preparations.

5. Please note that the department can only certify evidence of performance from the Department of Law of the University of Bonn.